- Your email account is created by the University of Queensland but the email service is supported by Microsoft.
- You will be able to access Microsoft applications on your account and you may receive Microsoft advertising.
- While you are a student of UQ the use of the email account is also subject to UQ's policies including the Student Charter and the Internet Code of Practice. Any breach or of these policies may result in your email account being suspended or, in some cases, terminated.
- You are not authorized to send mass or group emails to the UQConnect address list. UQ will suspend your account if it determines that you have sent unauthorized email.
- You should be aware and consent to Microsoft holding and storing the data and personal information contained in and related to your email account overseas including but not limited to data centers located in the USA, Singapore or Ireland.
- You agree that you will not hold UQ liable for any negligence or claim for loss or damage arising out of your use or access to the email account or for any loss or damage suffered by you in connection with the account.
- UQ will use this email account to provide official notices in relation to your enrolment and your study at UQ. It is your responsibility to activate your account and read these emails.